The Centre of Excellence in Child Trauma National Conference 'Survival Strategies for Therapeutic Parents'
Time & Location
About the event
‘Survival Strategies for Therapeutic Parents: From Chaos to Cake’
If the A-Z of Therapeutic Parenting was your roadmap of strategies through to sanity, this event is your hot flask of tea or coffee, and a cosy blanket which will keep you warm, safe and well on your journey, ensuring you reach the other side, mentally and physically well.
Join the team at The Centre of Excellence in Child Trauma for their inspirational annual conference
Had enough of Zoom? Up to your eyes in virtual training? We are going to have a brilliant time at our wonderful face-to-face therapeutic parenting convention! And if anything changes… we will automatically swap your tickets for E-attendance!
Main Conference Hall
- Overcoming Grief, Guilt and Anxiety
- Survival Strategies for Managing School
- Positive help for parents who are also survivors of childhood abuse
- Working in a tricky system!- Managing the Social Care System
- Managing Violence
- Q and A with Panel
- The unique challenges of Kinship Care and Special Guardians
- Looking after you
- Challenges and survival solutions for male parents and carers
- Sarah Naish - Bestselling author, keynote speaker and a force for positive change in the field of child trauma and therapeutic parenting.
- Sarah Dillon
- Jane Mitchell
- Glynis Hough - As a former social worker, my passion lies in supporting developmentally traumatised children and their families whilst supporting professionals to understand the merits of Therapeutic Parenting. Having been a foster parent for many years I understand the need to teach from the lived experience perspective so parents know I am alongside them. This informed experience affords me the opportunity to fully explain to professionals that life can challenging living with children with adverse childhood experiences. I roll out this approach with all our our volunteers so we can support even more parents to help their children.
- Sair Penna
- Rosie Jefferies - Former child in care, author of Therapeutic Parenting children’s books and Managing Director of NATP Ltd.
- Emma Edwards
- Gerard O'Dea - Gerard O'Dea is a specialist advisor in conflict management, personal safety and physical interventions, working with teams in education, healthcare and other sectors to keep everyone safe in workplaces where there is a risk of aggression or violence. He is a board member at the Institute of Conflict Management, an expert witness, author and the director of training for Dynamis
- The Trauma School Team
- Others from the COECT Team
Who should attend? Professionals working with children from trauma i.e. social workers, social work managers, youth offending, teachers/ head teachers, SEN support, police, health professionals, residential staff and of course ALL Therapeutic Parents are welcome!
Conference Ticket (in person): This ticket entitles one person to participate in this conference in person, include lunch and full access to main hall and break out room sessions. All food and refreshments will be provided throughout the day. Plenty of parking is available at the venue.
Virtual Ticket: This ticket will give you live access via Zoom to our conference on 19.11.21 (Main hall access only) and access to the recording for 7days. In addition handouts will be included.
Terms and Conditions -
1. Payment for conference places to be made in full at time of booking via our website or as per our invoice payment terms.
2. Cancellations and refund terms – cancellations within 6 weeks of the event will not be refunded.
3. If for any reason we need to postpone the event any tickets already purchased will be transferred to the rearranged date.
4. If for any reason The Centre of Excellence cancel the course a full refund will be issued. The Centre of Excellence accepts no responsibility for any travel arrangements or cost due to cancellation.
5. When booking onto training, an incomplete or incorrect email address can cause problems for which The Centre of Excellence takes no responsibility. Please double check your email address before you finalise your booking. If you do not receive an email confirming your booking, please contact us at - email@example.com
- Conference Ticket (in person)£65+£1.63 Service fee£65+£1.63 Service feeSold Out