Wed, 08 Mar|
Managing Violent Behaviour in Children & Adolescents - Gloucestershire
We offer parents whose children can be violent, which may result in harm to themselves or others, a law and guidance-based framework, with specific strategies to manage all situations safely, therapeutically, and effectively.
Time & Location
08 Mar, 10:00 – 09 Mar, 16:00
About the event
We aim to give parents the confidence to deal with difficult situations and a clear understanding of the core legal principles including the role of disengagement and containment strategies in response to a child who is being violent.
Ø To understand why children might be violent
Ø To be able to avoid causing or unnecessarily escalating conflict
Ø To understand the benefits of empathic listening
Ø To recognise what our children’s behaviour is communicating to us
Ø To effectively de-escalate conflict therapeutically
Ø To recognise triggers for our children and us and how to reduce our vulnerability to them
Ø To be able to persuade others to co-operate using distraction and persuasion techniques
Ø To recognise when a situation is becoming dangerous and how to respond to violence
Ø To stay safe in crisis situations
Ø To have the ability to confidently deal with verbal abuse
Ø To have the ability to manage difficult conversations
Ø To know what to do when words alone fail
Ø To end an interaction in a better place than where it started
Ø To remain respectful and professional no matter where an interaction ends up
1. The training will start at 10 am on both days, with our trainer Dave Edwards delivering this for you.
2. The training is due to end at 4 pm, on both days.
3. If you are unable to attend at no fault of Inspire Training Group no refund will be given.
4. After the event a certificate will be sent to all attendees.
Terms & Conditions
1. All course fees must be paid in full prior to the training.
2. Cancellations and refund terms - cancellations within 7 days prior to any training will not be refunded and is non-transferable
3. After a course has taken place if any attendees want any information on the material covered during a course or to be certificated for the course they have attended, please contact Inspire Training Group on email@example.com
4. If for any reason we cancel the course a full refund will be issued.
5. When booking onto training, an incomplete or incorrect email address can cause problems for which Inspire Training Group takes no responsibility. Please double-check your email address before you finalise your booking. If you do not receive an email confirming your booking, please contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org